Friday 20 February 2015

Combat Patrol list Options

Hi guys,

So we now have confirmation of the format for the Combat Patrol games in March as part of the Escalation league my Dark Eldar are involved in.

It's basically either your normal options for a game (Force Org or Formation) or the edited Force Org as below:

0-1 HQ
0-1 Elite
1-6 Troops
0-1 Fast Attack
0-1 Heavy Support

This has somewhat put a downer on my Wych Cult lists as if you've followed along up until now I've always included as many Reavers as I can, and at 200 I only ran Reavers!

With the previous incarnation of the Combat Patrol rules there used to be a "Swing Slot" so I could use 2 units of Reavers and then whatever else, but now I'm down to a max of one.

The problem is that as my Troops would be limited to Wyches if staying in theme, I would only really have 1 blaster in the whole army as anti tank, and would have to pay 15pts in each Wych unit for a single Haywire Grenade in each (Not good...)

So my conundrum is... I can break theme, and get a decent list in with good anti infantry and anti tank, or stay in theme and play a sub par list. I've put both list options below.

Option 1

5 Kabalite Trueborn - 165 pts
3 Blasters
Venom with 2 Splinter Cannons

5 Kabalite Warriors - 120 pts
Blaster
Venom with 2 Splinter Cannons

5 Kabalite Warriors - 115 pts
Blaster
Raider with Dark Lance

So this list has 3 units all in transports, 5 blasters and a lance for popping vehicles, 2 venoms plus small arms fire from the Kabalites for anti infantry (Potential for 48 splinter shots and 6 blasters at close range will make a mess of most infantry, 24 of those can reach 36")

Option 2

5 Wyches - 125 pts
Hekatrix with Haywire Grenade
Raider with DL

5 Wyches - 125 pts
Hekatrix with Haywire Grenade
Raider with DL

6 Reavers - 146 pts
2 Blasters
2 Cluster Caltrops

This seems like it may still have major issues with armour, but not sure what the readers think?

The two haywire grenades are pretty much a requirement, but I'm paying 15pts for each and they're 8" range so unlikely to ever get thrown. I also don't like using a big unit of 6 Reavers, would much rather split them down but can't do so because of the org chart restrictions

So what would you do guys?

Any alternative list suggestions whilst staying on theme within these boundaries? (Wyches, Reavers, potentially stretch to Scourges)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for you input guys - Can I just ask that you keep your comments free from bad language to try and ensure the site is kept family friendly