Thursday 19 February 2015

Overdue Update // Dark Eldar Wych Cult // Escalation League // Kill Team & Combat Patrol

Hi guys,

Still alive over here just had a little less time to post recently as I've been busy gaming/painting.

Back to 40k for a bit now I think as the escalation league I've been thinking about for a while has kicked off at the start of Feb.

Since I wasn't able to make it down to the club last night with Charlene being on a night shift, I managed to get the airbrush out and throw some paint on 3 of my Raiders that will be acting as transports for my Wyches in bigger games. I'm reasonably happy with how they turned out although I had some problems with the airbrush again, having to pulse it to get any paint out regardless of how many times I cleaned it out which as you can imagine made painting difficult!



So hull and the sails are, I think, done for now and will just need to go in and pick out the details which hopefully shouldn't take more than a couple of nights.

If anyone knows how the heck I rotate that pic please let me know, as it's fine on my computer before I upload it!

*edit* Managed it

Sadly as my wife works shifts I've not been able to make two of the Wednesday nights at the club and missed the Kill Team tournament that kicked it all off as well but I did manage to make one week and am expecting to be there on the 25th as well.

So far it's gone well and I've enjoyed both my Kill Team games although we are finding out how brutal bike lists can be at this point level (and in 1 man units)

This is the list I've run for both of my first two games:

Arena Champion with Cluster Caltrops
Reaver with Blaster (Master Crafted)
Reaver with Heat Lance (Infiltrate)
Reaver (Fleshbane)
Reaver with Blaster
Reaver
Reaver
Reaver
Reaver

First game I played against Inquisition and we rolled up the mission with Night Fight throughout the whole game... it was Brutal,T5 bikes (Combat Drugs) with 2+ saves all game due to Skilled Rider and Stealth while I had Night Vision to negate any advantage the opponent might have gained from it. Ended up tabling the opponent turn 3 and feeling very bad - Only lost one Reaver when my opponent charged a Death Cult Assassin in and chopped him in half.

Second game against Eldar Corsairs using the Imperial Armour list was interesting. I won the roll off for first turn and deployed aggressively against what I think was:

Venom (5 Harlequins)
5 Corsairs (One flamer, one shuriken cannon)

He then promptly seized the initiative, fired the Shuriken Cannon at my leader (Ignores Cover) and I was down a Reaver straightaway. Venom advanced on the Heat Lance jetbike I'd "cleverly" deployed 18" from him but thankfully I jinked away the hits.

After that it was similar to the previous game, I took out the ignores cover  Shuriken Cannon  first turn and then danced around the Venom trying to deny him shots with Eldar Jetbike Move and took it down turn 2. After that I could take my time and use the superior manoeuvrability of the jetbikes to shoot the Corsairs and Harlequins down whilst keeping away from retaliation. (Tabled turn 4)

Since then I've not managed to get down again but the way that the league works I'm doing well because of my average VP's, That is likely to change next week though as I've a game booked against the current league leader who's destroying everyone with his Necron bike list. If anyone has ANY ideas how to beat this with Dark Eldar please let me know:

9 Tomb Blades with Gauss and 3+ saves (Twin Linked, Rapid Fire, S5, Ignores Cover)

Combat Patrol

After that, had Fred round Saturday night with his Blood Angels for a couple of games of Combat Patrol to get our lists ready for the next round (400pts) starting in March.

I ran this first game:

6 Reavers, Arena Champion with Agoniser, 2 Blasters with Cluster Caltrops
3 Reavers, Blaster with Cluster Caltrops
5 Wyches, Hekatrix with Agoniser and Haywire
Venom with Splinter Cannon and TL Splinter Rifle


Fred ran something like:

7 Death Company
5 Tac Squad with Missile Launcher
5 Sternguard with Heavy Flamer and Combi Flamer

Quick report: (No Pics Sorry)

BA T1: Blood Angels move forwards with Death Company on the left, SternGuard Centre, Tac Company Right.

DE T1: Venom moves up onto ruins to shoot at Death Company, 3 Jetbikes zoom over behind the Tac Marines, 6 Jetbikes jump out to shoot at DC and between everything kill 1.

BA T2: DC move to prepare a charge up the building at the Venom, Sternguard move forward to fire at Reavers, Tac Marines jiggle around so everyone can fire at the 3 Jetbikes. DC fail to glance with shooting and fail charge (7") Tac Squad kill 1 jetbike, Stern Guard kill two with ignores cover ammo.

DE T2: 2 Jetbikes move behind Tac marines and snap fire, killing one then charge in killing 4 with Impact hits from Caltrops/Bladevines. Venom moves down and Wyches disembark, all firing into the Death Company killing 2 (4 left) then charge in killing 1 before losing 1 in return. Bigger unit of jetbikes shoot into Sternguard killing 1 and then juimping behind cover.

BA T3: Sternguard move forward and shoot at the couple of jetbikes they can see poking out and kill 1. Combat continues and Wyches fail to kill anything before losing 3 more leaving just the Hekatrix who runs away but stays on the table.

DE T3: Hekatrix rallies. 2 Reavers who killed the Tac Squad move to shoot the Sternguard and Kill 1 before jumping back but not far enough to get into cover. 3 remaining Reavers from the large unit as well as the Venom shoot into the Death Company and then charge in finishing them off with HoW hits.

BA T4: Sternguard move back towards the small unit of Reavers who failed to jump behind cover and one flamer is in range but fails to wound, normal shots fail to hit/wound.

DE T4: Everything jumps around the Sternguard and fires into them finishing them off.

Game Two

I changed my list as the Agoniser in the bike squad seemed overkill and in dropping the Agoniser I was able to add the second Splinter Cannon to the Venom, a Wych with Hydra Gauntlets, and with the spare 10 pts throw grisly trophies on the Venom (nothing better I could think of)

Fred changed  his list up and went with:

6 Devastators 4 with Heavy Bolters
5 Tac Marines with Flamer
5 Sternguard (I think, may have been more)

We called this after turn 3 as the Venom killed 3 Devastators a turn while they failed to damage it, and the Jetbikes boosted away from his Sternguard who had deployed on one flank so both of my units of Reavers could concentrate on killing his Tac Squad before the Sternguard could footslog it over. Pretty brutal and showed the manoeuvrability the list has to great effect. (Although Fred couldn't roll for toffee this game either.

I'm fairly happy with the list for Combat Patrol but would welcome any feedback on it, obviously I'd prefer to run 3 units of 3 bikes but can't do that in Combat Patrol as only 1 Fast Attack slot and 1 "Swing" slot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for you input guys - Can I just ask that you keep your comments free from bad language to try and ensure the site is kept family friendly