Tuesday 16 June 2015

Display Case for Blood Bowl

Spent a little time the last couple of evenings getting my Pro Elves primed and based and thought I'd share what I've done with the bases and the display case.

I had the display case lying around from ages ago, I think at the time I was thinking of using it for Infinity, but I thought I'd throw some static grass on it and use it for Blood Bowl with that being my current focus.




I'm really happy with how it came out in the end, all the players have magnets in the bases and there are magnets under the display case so they are held really securely and I am sure I could throw it around if I wanted and they'd still be in place.

At some point I'll get round to taking a better picture but I figured a poor picture was better than no picture for now.

Also, I played an Infinity tournament a while back with a chap who'd drilled and painted holes to mark Line of Sight and I thought it looked really effective so I thought I'd steal the idea but use it with various colours to differentiate between the positions on my team.



One of the things I noticed last week playing against the Black Scorpion Orc team was that they were all easily identifiable by silhouette and although my Elves are different enough to be able to tell them apart, it's not particularly easy and I felt that it'd be easier on my opponent if I could say - Yellow Base is a thrower, Red is Blitzers, Blue Catchers and Green for Linemen.


Within that I've further differentiated the positionals with Red 1 and 2, and Blue 1 and 2, so that I can easily tell which is which. It didn's seem viable for me to do this for the Linemen as I'd have up to 7 holes in a base for each one, so I may need to wait until I've painted them and done numbers for those unless anyone has any ideas... ?


Overall for 2 evenings work priming/basing the models and then sorting out the display I'm really happy with how they look.

Hopefully be able to get started on a test paintjob this evening (Red and White) and then I'll do the rest of them in batches.

Also I got a package at work today, I'll take some better pictures when we get a game on it on Wednesday but here's a sneak preview! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for you input guys - Can I just ask that you keep your comments free from bad language to try and ensure the site is kept family friendly