Thursday 11 June 2015

First Match of Blood Bowl

So I've been busy assembling my new Pro Elf team since receiving it a week or so ago from www.mk1881.com



I'm really happy with the quality and think they're going to look great once I've thrown on a basic paint job. 

I'm not 100% sure on the connectors on some of the raised legs but when I cut one of these off the remaining foot on the base wasn't enough to hold it and I ended up having to pin and green stuff the figure to support it by why time I might as well have left it how it was.

I'm hopeful that when they're painted they won't stand out so much, interested to hear if anyone has any thoughts on whether I should paint the bits black (eye will generally skip over these bits naturally then) or put scatter on them similarly to the base to try and blend them in so they're not as noticeable.

One benefit of Blood Bowl is it's so easy to carry my stuff around, everything I need other than the throwing template will fit into my smallest KR case: (Dice and Ball will fit into one of the slots, not pictured here though)


I took them down to the local club last night for their first outing and played them as Humans for a Humans vs Orcs game against a friend who is also just getting into the game. 



Both really enjoyed the game and the Humans ended up winning 3-1 although we only played 2 turns of the second half and things got a little silly as we started throwing in rules like you have to go for it with every player, to the extent that my opponent was moving forward one and back one with a player he didn't want to move any further than his standard movement XD

A more accurate reflection would be the half time score which was 2-1 to the Humans and my first victory!

We're looking to play another game next week where I'll use them as Elves and we'll use a 1,100,000 credit roster with a few skills and things so we can have a bit more of a play.

Overall though, I'm really enjoying it and looking forward to having my pitch arrive and getting my team painted up. My pitch looks awesome from the pictures I've seen but I don't want to spoil the surprise so won't say anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for you input guys - Can I just ask that you keep your comments free from bad language to try and ensure the site is kept family friendly