Wednesday, 19 November 2014

A little progress on the Wyches // 1500pt game tonight // Escalation League Expands to 1750



I didn't get much in the way of painting done last night but managed to start on the blue for Vials / drugs tubes and the Agoniser (GW Temple Guard / Lothern Blue) as well as putting a base coat down on the skin (Astronomicon Grey).

I think in a couple more evenings they should be finished but I'm not painting until Friday now so it's unlikely to be completed until Saturday. Hopefully I'll be able to post up completed pictures on Monday.

I've a 1500pt game this evening against a chap from the club I've not played before (other than Necromunda which he organised the campaign for) so looking forward to the Wych Cult getting another outing. (used them once before against Blood Angels and it went well)

I'm trying to use these games to ensure I'm happy with the various units and the final army I'm working towards building during the escalation league, as I don't want to finish painting everything and then decide I don't like how it plays!

I'll be playing against Chaos Space Marines and will be interesting to see how they fare.

The list I'll be taking is the 1500pt one from my Escalation League Lists Post:

1500pt Realspace Raiders

Succubus
 - Archite Glaive, Armour of Misery, Haywire Grenades

4 Incubi
 - Klaivex
 - Venom with 2 Splinter Cannons

8 Wyches
 - Hekatrix with Agoniser and Haywire Grenades
 - Hydra Gauntlets
 - Raider with Dark Lance and Night Shield

8 Wyches
 - Hekatrix with Agoniser and Haywire Grenades
 - Hydra Gauntlets
 - Raider with Dark Lance and Night Shield

8 Wyches
 - Hekatrix with Agoniser and Haywire Grenades
 - Hydra Gauntlets
 - Raider with Dark Lance and Night Shield

Razorwing Jetfighter with Disintegrator Cannons

Razorwing Jetfighter with Dark Lances

Razorwing Jetfighter with Dark Lances

3 Reaver Jetbikes
 - Blaster
 - Cluster Caltrops

3 Reaver Jetbikes
 - Blaster
 - Cluster Caltrops

3 Reaver Jetbikes
 - Heat Lance
 - Cluster Caltrops

-----------------------------

I've also been told that the Escalation League will now be extended up to 1750 in June and that there will then be a 1750 tournament with fully painted armies to finish the League.

I'm not 100% sure on what to add to take this list to 1750 but I've come up with a couple of ideas:

1.) Combine the Reavers into a unit of 9 and add an Arena Champion, then add in 2 x Scourge with 4 Haywire Blasters to shore up my anti tank.

2.) Add a small unit of Wyches in a Venom with Hekatrix (Power Sword and Haywire) then add Night Shields onto the Raiders. I would then have another 60 points spare for something else (Potential combine two of the Reaver Units and add an empty Venom?)

Would be great to hear some other opinions if anyone is reading this :)

Rich